- Positive Role Models: The biggest asset of “Martial Arts?” Easy. The teachers. Now, I’ll tell you up front. They are not like the teachers you’ve seen in the Martial Art movies. Are they “tough guys and girls?” Yes. But what you will notice (and so will your child)…is that they are “Nice Guys and Girls.” They have been hand selected…not just because they are great Martial Artists. They have been chosen because they are wonderful people…and have a great love of helping others benefit from the Martial Arts! All of our teachers were once students themselves. They care about each student individually — and are totally committed to helping your child reach his or her potential.
- Physical Fitness: It’s hard to feel good about yourself when you are out of shape physically…or when your athletic skills have not been fully developed. Our belief is that, regardless of how athletic somebody seems to be…there is an athlete inside all of us. When a student feels their physical skills skyrocket…it’s not long before their self-image follows suit!
- A High Energy, Exciting Environment: Many kids have grown accustomed to virtual activities (video games, television, internet). Participating in an exciting, high energy environment, focused on an actual activity, will give your child a very real sense of achievement!
- Regular Incentives for Effort and Achievement: The belt system of Martial Arts (your child will earn a new belt every eight weeks: white, yellow tip , orange, purple, etc.), regular positive feedback and recognition of accomplishment, incentives for improvement, applause, smiles, and high-fives will systematically lead your child into the “Yes, I Can!” attitude you’ve always wanted for him or her.
- The Positive “Messages”: Regular exposure, through our positive “Messages” accompanied by exercises in the lessons of respect, discipline, focus, persistence, courage, discipline and confidence. (Most parents name this as their favorite part of the program!)
- A Proven System of Skill Development: No fancy theories or hard to understand concepts here. Our teachers are experts in teaching the actual SKILLS of listening and focus. Hint: We’ll be teaching these to your child in the very first week!
- A Series of Positively Constructed Challenges that will build your child’s confidence. You will be delighted as you see your children confidently move outside their comfort zone. As the weeks go by, you will smile with pride as your son or daughter moves from challenge to challenge…their confidence soaring at each new accomplishment!
- An Atmosphere of Respect: You watch with satisfaction as your children learn to give respect and to earn respect. Most importantly, they learn the essential lessons of Self-Respect!
- Order and Structure: Even though the atmosphere is friendly and supportive, Karate is not “play time.” You will be delighted to see how your children develop focus and persistence in our orderly, structured environment.
- A Friendship Based Environment: If you are expecting the old, harsh, authoritarian, military style Martial Art training…you are going to be sadly disappointed. When you visit us, you will find a friendly, supportive environment. That atmosphere of friendship, support, and respect will give your child the support he or she needs to succeed!
U.S. Elite Martial Arts & Fitness Center